Peter suggested that I pretend in the YouTube videos that they are interviews – ie look past the camera as if looking at an interviewer, rather than trying to keep eye contact with the camera (which I’m struggling with). Must be worth a try at least, although it might be difficult to pull off without actually having another person in the video. I can try to frame the question as if I’ve just been asked it maybe.
He also reminded me not to be scared of experimenting.
Louise’s general tips:
- Prep a range of prints
- Range of fixings and bulldog clips exist – think abt which ones you use
- Plan and test presentation. Every bit counts
- Planning and production
- Try to be in everyday (someone else might need you to move your work etc) during install
- Whole install and show is a learning experience
- It always takes longer than you think
- No need to spend loads of money on framing